Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

There has been a serious lack of comedies recently

When I was home for Thanksgiving my father and I were discussing upcoming releases we were excited for. I showed him the trailer for a few he hadn't heard of, one being Don't Look Up. He mentioned that it looks good but asked why there hasn't been a comedy in what's seemed like ages and I agree. While Don't Look Up does admittedly look like it has comedic elements, it seems like it's more of a satire on the state of the world right now and not outright just for the laughs (I could be wrong about this).

And I'm not even talking about good comedies, just in general.

Regardless of Don't Look Up, my dad is right. The last really good comedy was Game Night in my opinion which was great but coming up on 4 years ago. There are definitely some movies that have comedic elements but I'd probably refer to them as a mix of genres (MCU, Parasite or Free Guy) that's come out but the lack has been surprising. I know the pandemic has delayed stuff but tons of other genres have been released too like big budget sci-fi, superhero, dramas, musicals etc.

This surprises me a lot because comedies typically don't cost much outside of actors getting paid. Thoughts?



Submitted November 28, 2021 at 09:01AM by jonmuller https://ift.tt/3nYUrnV

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health