Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Clerks II (2005)

I liked this. Wasn’t as good as the first one, but I think it was a worthy successor. Definitely kind of weird to see an actual budget behind it this time. It pays off though. The whole thing looks and sounds really nice, which the last one definitely didn’t. That was part of the charm of the first one, but it’s nice that they were able to make something that was more professionally presented this time.

The only real knock against this one is that it isn’t as funny. But it didn’t have to be. There’s still a lot of good jokes sprinkled throughout so I think it works perfectly well as a comedy.

And this one actually has some stuff that the first one didn’t. One is Rosario Dawson. I didn’t know how big role would be, but she’s actually pretty much a third lead. She was a lot funnier than I thought she’d be and had a great dynamic with the rest of the cast. Looking forward to her coming back in the third one.

Another big asset for this one is the last 15 minutes, which are actually mostly dramatic without a ton of comedy. The dialogue encapsulates what these movies are all about really well and leaves everything off in a very satisfying way.

I’m excited for the third one after watching these two, but I’m glad that, if that one’s no good, this one brings each character’s arc to a nice conclusion in a way that even the first one didn’t really try to do (which was likely by design since the original didn’t really ask you to care about the characters like this one does).

I didn’t hear great things about this one but I I think it holds up even compared to the first. Do you folks agree?



Submitted December 31, 2021 at 08:55AM by movieguy2004 https://ift.tt/3FCIDxT

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health