Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Finally watched Parasite, loved it, gave Bong Joon Ho another shot and watched Burning. Can’t believe I haven’t known about this director until now.

I watch a ton of movies and TV shows - I work in an office doing 3D modeling/structural drawings and watching movies/shows on my other monitor keeps me relaxed and productive and makes the day a lot more enjoyable.

I’ve been putting off watching Parasite because I can’t 3D model and watch subtitles (obviously). But I finally watched it last night when I couldn’t sleep and I never wanted the damn movie to end. I’ve thought about it all day - the twists and turns, the acting, the misdirections, the storytelling, and most impressively the quality of the cinematography. It was the most perfect blend of of intrigue, suspense, humor, and overall cleverness that I’ve seen in a movie in a long time. It’s extremely difficult to express the true feelings and reactions of an unraveling situation and make the audience feel as if they’re unraveling along with the main characters. In my mind, this is what makes Breaking Bad, Fargo, No Country for Old Men, Pulp Fiction, Se7en, The Departed, Memento, etc. all time greats, is the meticulous manner in which the conflict snowballs to the point of no return. It’s so convincing and predictable yet incredibly captivating to witness.

I decided to try another Bong Joon Ho film, Burning, and my God what another masterpiece. I feel so stupid not watching more of this man’s movies.

Edit: Well here’s an egg on my face situation that I won’t forget. Need to give credit Chang-dong Lee, well done with “Burning”! Was recommended Burning on Reddit by someone who said Bong Joon Ho also directed Burning, maybe he produced it or wrote for it? I’m not sure but all I know is I was giving credit to the wrong director. On the bright side now I have 2 new directors I can dive in to!



Submitted December 08, 2021 at 12:20PM by PoopyInMyPants https://ift.tt/3rPSw7h

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health