Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I found The French Dispatch to be an aesthetic oasis during emotionally trying time.

I’ve been reading a lot of reviews of The French Dispatch about how it was all style and no heart but while I agree with that, I found it as or more rewarding of a watch for precisely that reason.

After seeing it, I revisited Anderson’s entire live action filmography and noticed how emotional and moving all of them were, many of the characters being sadder, more guarded and isolated than I remembered them.

TFD, set in the town of Ennui, France, too had many such characters but showcased their stories without delving deeply into their ennui, instead focusing on the aesthetics and summarizing each of them in much the same way that a journalist might, while framing them in the most developed Wes Andersonian style yet.

I understand people having issue with it not hitting all the same emotional boxes typical to his work, but given the ennui of the times, I found it to be a gorgeous and enjoyable break from the everyday heaviness of modern life.



Submitted December 13, 2021 at 10:22AM by overnoutct https://ift.tt/3e0UOsl

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health