Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

In 15 years we will be seeing "Don't Look Up" the same way we saw "Idiocracy" a few years back; except this realization will be much MUCH more consequential.

I just finished the movie Dont Look Up by Adam McKay, its a flawed movie by no means his best and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever watched not because it was bad, but because it infuriated me just how plausible it really is. In its portrayal of people...

I work in deep tech, AI specifically- but I am also a Project Manager so communication is my lead skill; Yet those that I work with every single day are all PHD computer scientists and engineers, and the first thing I noticed this movie portraying really well is how difficult scientists, aka people we should all listen to, finds conveying ideas and findings in a digestible format that the average person can understand and appreciate. It is something I often have to figuratively hold the hands of the scientists I work with, to guide them into getting to the point and don't give mathematical data to clients unless asked for, and to speak directly; and that to the average person, 70% certainty is the same as 100%; and most importantly if they are conveying bad news, they need to use flashy impactful words.

However, after that initiate 3rd of the movie, it became really difficult to watch because how infuriating the movie showed the average person and world leaders. Yet what scared me more than anything else is also just how real it feels.

It's only been a couple of years since the whole internet went "wow remember that movie Idiocracy? how implausible and silly it felt when it first came out? man that movie predicted the future!", well, heres my prediction. In little over a decade the internet will be digging up the movie "Dont Look Up" and repeat those exact same words. Except this time around, the impact isnt a single country's election and its citizens. The impact is going to be permanent and global.

Anyways, I highly recommend you all watch this movie despite its many flaws, and watch it the same way you thought about Idiocracy a few years back. How a movie that was mostly buried upon released, a movie that felt silly and implausible at the time is suddenly quite prophetic in many ways.



Submitted December 27, 2021 at 06:56AM by Illidariislove https://ift.tt/3mAJ58f

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health