Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What single line from one of your favourite movies very cleverly captured the essence of that movie?

I watched Gattaca about a year ago. Close to the end of the movie the main character (Vincent) and his brother (Anton) have a game of chicken swimming in the ocean to see who can swim out the furthest before turning back, a tradition that they used to take part in as kids.

Anton was born genetically superior to Vincent in every conceivable way, so when he gives up he simply must know how Vincent was able to continue swimming for longer than him. Anton asks him him how he's able to do this an Vincent says,

"This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back"

I was already really enjoying the film; then they drop this line in at the perfect time which really captures, in my opinion, the idea that no matter how genetically perfect Anton's body was, Vincent's mental fortitude and will to attain his goal would bring him the success he desired. Even if it killed him.

There's much more to the film (and I could certainly go on) but if you haven't seen the movie maybe give it a watch for yourself. I also have more examples but this one is my favourite and I'd really like to hear about which movies lines had an effect on you, cheers!

Edit: grammar



Submitted December 19, 2021 at 12:04AM by Magicians_Bread https://ift.tt/3yCxz18

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health