Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I adore Hook.

Who doesn’t, right? Oh wait, that movie sucks! Right? I know what many of you are thinking, but I truly don’t care. Flaws and all, Hook is one of my top 5 favorite movies.

My wife randomly put it on while I was making dinner just for background noise and we ended up watching the entire movie. I watch it at least once a year. Not tradition, it just finds its way into my life, and I love it more and more the older I get, which is strange because I LOVED it when I was a kid. It is such a well made adventure full of heart and genuine awe. They don’t make them like this anymore.

From Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman’s performances to John Williams’ wonderful score to the set design, this is a movie made with heart. Yes, I know Steven Spielberg made this basically for a paycheck and he doesn’t love it, but I wish more paychecks were this good.

Every frame bursts with inspiration. The colors are so vibrant and everything has this glowing, dreamlike quality to it. It has its flaws. It is very long and the more I watch it I see why that turns people off. The plot really goes for it and everything was left in the finished product. Tinkerbell loves Peter, Hook tries to kill himself, Rufio is murdered, etc. Many things didn’t need to remain in the movie and for that it is overlong.

But I don’t care. Flaws and all, Hook is one my favorite movies.



Submitted January 10, 2022 at 07:32AM by MovieBuff90 https://ift.tt/3fdbME5

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health