Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Man, have I been sleeping on Galaxy Quest!

What a movie! I had chalked it up simply as a Star Trek parody, but it's almost the complete opposite of parody. It had a fantastic plot that had me at the edge of my seat, there was tons of heart (without becoming too sappy), and it was genuinely a funny movie. I laughed my ass off! Guy worrying he was going to die the whole time, the way the Thermians act & speak, Sigourney Weaver's whole job being to repeat whatever the computer says, when they're leaving the dock of the space port, and they scrape the ship on the side of the port - it was all so great.

It had the same blend of comedy/drama/sci-fi that Ghostbusters has, and it was all due to the writing and acting. The actors totally sold the movie 100%. Commander Taggart having to explain to the Thermian leader that they were duped was heartbreaking, as was when Lazarus told Quellek that he would be avenged. The ending was cheesy, but in the best way possible.

I was seriously impressed with every aspect of this movie, and I am kicking myself that it took me so long to finally give it a chance!



Submitted May 19, 2022 at 06:17AM by Tlr321 https://ift.tt/QIcM5wP

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health