Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

"Death to Smoochy" is absolutely hilarious

I absolutely adore this 2002 black comedy directed by Danny DeVito. As soon as I saw Edward Norton wearing a purple rhino costume on the poster, I was in. What could a movie called "Death to Smoochy" possibly be about?

I had such a blast with this one. Such a shame it bombed at the box office and was torn apart by critics because I'm seriously considering this to be one of my favorite comedies of the 2000s.

The concept itself is interesting with the movie taking place over the production of a children's television show and seeing all the corruption and backroom deals. My favorite moments include Rainbow Randolph (Robin Williams) being arrested by the FBI for accepting bribes or Smoochy being involved in scandal over appearing at a Neo-Nazi rally. I just like seeing something so innocent being subject to such dark and twisted scenarios.

Plus, I really enjoy the characters and the performances. I love Robin Williams acting increasingly crazy and deranged over losing his time slot. I love Edward Norton's innocence, naïveté, and determination to providing a quality show without commercializing his brand. I also love Catherine Keener as the TV producer. Seeing her and Norton butt heads was another great source of comedy. Not to mention she's gorgeous.

I can't believe I sat on watching this movie for so long. It's now one of my favorites.



Submitted August 30, 2022 at 12:17PM by ggroover97 https://ift.tt/9ec01lk

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health