Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Why are you guys so... mean?

So, I've seen many movies that I haven't liked, like, at all. And I've always said- "well, I wish it were better" and that was the way I've always responded to seeing a movie that disappointed me.

It was only recently that I joined reddit and, being a film nerd, I browsed this subreddit. And I have to ask? Why are you guys so spiteful of artists?

Like, you guys do realise that a filmmaker spends several years of their life making the movie that we see in 2 or 3 hrs and then rush to social media to say why it sucks? I mean, nobody sets out to make a bad movie.

And no, I'm not AT ALL against constructive criticism, in fact, I welcome it. I think it's necessary not just for art, but for society as a whole. But man, what SO MANY of you guys are doing is SO not constructive

If you disliked a movie, instead of saying things like "shit director, shit writer, fraud filmmaker, movie was garbage/hot trash", why not say- " The film didn't work, here's why" and proceed to properly lay out issues and suggest ways those issues may have been resolved.

Lastly, I just want to clarify - I AM NOT CALLING YOU OUT. I just want to, perhaps point out that the way many of us on here participate in discourse is possibly getting in the way of what the sub is meant for.



Submitted September 05, 2022 at 11:27PM by far-sighted-reign https://ift.tt/FoDABd8

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health