Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

City Slickers (1991)

I watched this move probably 40-50 times as a kid and last night I decided to rewatch because it popped up on my Netflix account.

To be honest it's really weird to rewatch now that I'm a year shy of Billy Crystal's character. As a kid I thought the movie was just a fun comedy/adventure about people from the big city trying to be cowboys. As a farm kid who wished to be from a city, it always felt nice seeing them struggle with things I knew how to do.

Fast forward to 2022 and now I'm seeing the adult version of the film. It's a mid life crisis, finding what matters to you, film. I completely forgot about the motivation behind them three male characters. You have the one feeling trapped, forced into a job he doesn't love anymore, feeling his age and realizing what's left. Then you have the pushover, who's taken abuse for years from his wife, loses everything cause he cheats, but eventually learns that, just because you need up doesn't mean it's over and that you can always start acting like the operation you want to be, a do over. Then you have the eternal playboy. Never wanting to settle down and now that he has, he is worried that he will miss having "variety pack breakfast" now that he's picked his favorite.

Plus damn I didn't realize that Curly is barely in the movie.

I think this might turn into me rewatching quite a few films I watched as a kid to see what nuggets of truth I gleam from them.

-Elder Millennial who is learning what every generation eventually learns... You get older



Submitted November 09, 2022 at 07:19AM by kelvindean https://ift.tt/A4axWDj

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health