Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I feel like Ender's Game (2013) would have made for a MUCH better TV show/miniseries than it would have for the film adaptation that we got.

Don't get me wrong, there were some parts of the Ender's Game movie (2013) that I felt worked pretty well (I felt they nailed the visuals for the most-part), but I felt that the biggest weakness of the movie, above all else, was that there was so much cut out from the book. Way, WAY too much was cut out to keep this movie just under 2 hours.

There's an entire subplot in the book back on Earth about Ender's brother Peter, and his sister Valentine that the movie completely leaves out, which I feel was absolutely essential to showing the sharp contrast between Ender and Peter, and what they value the most. In fact, we barely see any of Valentine or Peter at all in this movie if memory serves, which I felt was a huge missed opportunity.

But yeah, after seeing the movie for Ender's Game many years ago, I've always thought that it would have worked so much better as a TV series. We'd be able to see Ender's journey in more detail, in addition to his relationships with his two siblings, and so much more from the book that could be explored in so much more depth in a TV series format.

Anyone else feel the same?



Submitted February 01, 2023 at 04:24AM by Jamey4 https://ift.tt/NLOhrDi

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health