Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I watched Dark City (1998) for the second time

The Director's cut is brilliant. It is insane visually and the narrative is highly ambitious. A dystopian sci-fi epic, with a surreal, noir atmosphere.

A puzzled protagonist in a puzzling puzzle of a narrative. Very fast pacing that puts the viewer into a disoriented state, and acting that is sometimes overly theatrical, but matches the film's concept and aesthetics. The characters feel a bit one dimensional, but it makes sense considering that [no elaboration because of spoilers].

All those different elements give the film a unique but familiar identity. It's a subversive masterpiece. Or is it? On my first watch I thought it was a very deep movie. However, years have passed for me, and after the second viewing, I don't think I got a clear message, or at least it's not well implemented in the film.



Submitted March 19, 2023 at 04:06PM by PaschalisG16 https://ift.tt/gnTiUel

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health