Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Thought people should know: World of Reel's Jordan Ruimy is plagiarizing this sub

This is what I wrote on r/movies on September 1st, 2022, in a discussion about Richard Kelly, director of Donnie Darko:

[H]e made two incredibly ambitious, high-profile flops, and in Hollywood that's often enough to get people to stop returning your calls. It's a pity: whatever one thinks of Southland Tales or The Box, absolutely nobody could accuse them of lacking a distinct and bold vision, and I'm often surprised to see his influence popping up in unexpected places (if I didn't know better, I would've sworn Under The Silver Lake was a Kelly joint).

And this is what Ruimy wrote on his site, three weeks ago:

Fact of the matter is, that after “Donnie Darko,” his films didn’t earn enough money for studios and in Hollywood that’s enough to have people stop returning your calls.

There are even some who believe that his career was a total fluke and that he’s not as talented as some may have once believed. However, absolutely nobody could accuse him of lacking a distinct and bold vision, and I'm often surprised to see his influence still popping up in unexpected places, especially in today’s neo-horror genre (“Under the Silver Lake”).

...Yeah. And I sincerely doubt that I'm the only one he's plagiarized in this manner, so what I'm saying is, keep an eye on your posts, and also, Jordan, if you're reading this (and you probably are, looking for Content [TM]), I hope you know you're a disgrace to film journalism on pretty much every front there is. Even Harry Knowles at least wrote his own shit.



Submitted June 27, 2023 at 07:21AM by AmeliaMangan https://ift.tt/nWt5KjP

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health