Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Movies that have a premise that is so stupid, crazy, or outrageous...and yet somehow work?

Sometimes it seems a movie could not have been made based on a premise that is nothing short of strange, weak, stupid, or outrageous. Yet, the movie was made and more surprisingly, it did okay or in some cases, did great! Somehow the execution, the acting, the overall tone, the approach...created something that worked. This could be any genre really, like comedy, horror, obviously sci-fi also.

But just to give you some personal examples, Weekend at Bernie's. On the paper, the premise sounded so terribly dumb. How the heck are they gonna get me to watch a movie about a couple of guys whose boss is dead and they spend the rest of the movie convincing other people that he is actually alive? Like I could see I would find that funny for a couple of minutes, but a whole movie about that? I anticipated rating it like 1/10. Yet, though the movie was not exactly great and had a slow start, it was far from terrible. In fact I gave it a passing grade. I had some good laughs and was impressed by some of the physical comedy. Don't know how they accomplished some of that stuff but it was done well.

Okay, so you may disagree and think that was a terrible comedy. Here's another movie. I really didn't think Cast Away would work. Yes, Tom Hanks is a good actor, but I thought I'd be bored to tears to watching him in a movie where, for the most part, it's him in an island, all alone, no music, no voiceover, just a lot of silence...and him occasionally talking to himself and forming an emotional attachment to a ball. It sounded more like a bad comedy. Yet, it worked. I was totally drawn in.

Okay, back to you.



Submitted July 26, 2023 at 10:27AM by e_2718 https://ift.tt/mCMKe8E

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health