Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Raiders of the Lost Ark broke my GF's "old movies are boring" mentality

I’m a film student who decided to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark last night.

What. A. Freaking. Blast!

At one point in the movie, my girlfriend, who doesn’t like watching movies that are from the 2000s and older, even stated: “Damn, this is actually really good.”

My dad is a huge fan of the series, and we have a DVD collection of all the movies, but I’ve always avoided them because I’m not into treasure-hunting adventures. Only during the pandemic did I decide to join the genre through the Tomb Raider games and Uncharted.

Knowing that my GF likes the Uncharted movie (Tom Holland being in there and the story’s relation with Filipino history), I hoped she might like Raiders because of the Lost Ark (she’s very religious). And I was hoping that I might like it too since I actually wanted to watch the latest film since the director did an amazing job with Logan.

As for the movie itself, I love how Indy is a relatable dude who just doesn’t get a break. He’s capable of being afraid, but his persistence (like every other normal human has) makes him bigger than life.

I also love how every set piece feels memorable. Each one has problems that always escalate. Each problem has a story to tell. The odds are always against him.

I wasn’t expecting it to be bloody and gory too.

As for the reactions, she was afraid for Indy. And I was literally sweating under my shirt because of how intense it was.

It’s an easy 10/10.

She also said earlier, while watching the Temple of Doom during the part of the heart being taken out:

GF: I don't want to watch this anymore.
Me: In a bad way or in a good way?
GF: It's intense.

We ended up loving the second one too! I prefer the first one, though.

Right now, we're preparing to watch the Last Crusade.



Submitted July 09, 2023 at 12:40PM by Calorie_Killer_G https://ift.tt/dok9xZY

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health