Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Revisiting Million Dollar Baby. Probably the most subversive sports movie I've seen.

After the nice 2/3rds of building the relationships between the characters. Thinking you're about to go into the 3rd act of the final match.

I couldn't believe where it had gone. I was so devastated and cried at the end at the time. As a kid at the time of release, it really left a mark on me and introduced the idea of euthanasia.

Revisiting it now, i think it holds up very well as probably the most subversive sports movie i've seen. The last third really shines with how the drama plays out and makes the movie.

I really loved all the performances, especially the scenes between Hilary Swank and Clint Eastwood at the end. I forgot Jay barachul, anthony mackey, and character actress Margo Martindale played small supporting roles here.

Definitely Top 3 Eastwood made movies for me along with Mystic River and Unforgiven.



Submitted July 28, 2023 at 09:29PM by Pancake_muncher https://ift.tt/sg9zBZT

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health