Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What movie did you connect to on a very personal level?

Is there a film that you deeply connected on a deeply personal level to either to its plot or characters ?

I recently watched Onward (2020) after my older brother recommended it and said he was tearing up most of the movie. He is in his late 30s and I’m in my early 30s, I know he can become invested and connect with films, but for him to cry is rare and was even more confused on why this particular film.

Well I recently watched it and could not stop crying at the end.

A quick summary of the film for those who haven’t seen it, on his 16th birthday Ian receives a gift from his Mother that his father had left him before he died. His Father died shortly before he was born and only knows him through the stories and memories from his mother and older brother. It turns out that the gift his father left him is a spell and magical item that will allow Ian to bring his father back once for 24 hours. However , the spell is interrupted and only his fathers lower half is brought back and so Ian and his older brother rush to fix the spell and items to fully bring back their father and use whatever time remains of the spell.

In real life, my brother and I lost our father to cancer when I was 7 and my brother in his early teens. Although I can count the memories I have with my father on one hand , I love him so much from the stories my mother and brother told me about him and we think about him everyday. I get emotional thinking about having 24 hours with him today .

The films ending is what truly made me breakdown. SPOILERS: In the end only one son can spend the remaining few minutes with their father fully reformed. Although Ian has never had a chance to meet his father, he lets his older brother spend those precious few minutes with him.

I feel like I would have done the same, as much as I would love to meet him , I know it would be much more valuable to my brother since he actually knew my father. I feel like they would have much more to talk about, catch up and ultimately I know it would just mean more to him.

It’s incredible how the power of film and storytelling can connect with us in such an emotional level. Even a simple kids fantasy film



Submitted September 21, 2023 at 01:56AM by Edven702 https://ift.tt/25ixSLd

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health