Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Blatant advertising in films that worked on you?

I was watching Jurassic Park last night, and it occurred to me that Denis Nedry having a Barbasol shaving cream can as his device to sneak the dinosaur embryos off the island was a deciding factor in me getting that brand of shaving cream when puberty hit and I needed my own supply. My dad took me to the shaving section of the store and asked me what brand I wanted. There were so many brands(probably only 3 or 4, but each brand had their different 'flavors'), the paralysis of the seemingly infinite choices of retail capitalism was upon me. I shrugged and said, "the Jurassic Park one", and dad said "Good choice". And I've been a loyal customer ever since. Whatever they paid to be in the movie got them at least one loyal, lifelong customer. It's a fine product, or I wouldn't keep buying it all these years. But the initial choice was because it's in one of my favorite films, nothing more.

That made me curious if there were other brands that have been featured in films that my fellow cinephiles have bought or continue to buy because they were in some film or other that they enjoyed. Any of you have anything like that?



Submitted October 04, 2023 at 03:11AM by greenpill98 https://ift.tt/PkONmls

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health