Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Why does Zack Snyder seem to have such a devoted following when he doesn't seem to be that unique compared to quite a few other filmmakers with similarly devoted followings?

Context, I'm not a hater, I thought 300, Guardians of Gahoole, & Man of Steel were pretty fun movies. I have some reservations about BVS, Army of the Dead, & Watchmen.

I'm just wondering why he seems to have such a devoted fanbase. Sure he's stylish, but it's not anything different from any other movie I've seen and the stories he chooses to tell aren't necessarily the most throught provoking or emotional.

I understand if you're like Christopher Nolan or Tim Burton maybe when it comes to larger blockbusters and for medium-budget films Paul Thomas Anderson or Wes Anderson, but none of Snyder's films really stayed with me or had me desire to watch them again.

The action scenes can be fun and the cinematography can be good, but the character work, the emotional beats, none of it truly stands out for me. His films don't necessarily make me love the comic book characters in the same way that filmmakers before and sometimes after him do either.



Submitted November 03, 2023 at 01:57AM by wiz28ultra https://ift.tt/RE2Clhv

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health