Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Arachnophobia (1990) is an incredibly well made movie

A movie I’ve slept on for a while and I was under the impression this was a flat out comedy about Jeff Daniels hiring John Goodman to exterminate his house. Instead I got a great thriller that somehow mixes a kind of quirky tone with genuine Hitchcockian suspense and terror (seen it described as “Joe Dante meets Hitchcock”). It’s a delicate balancing act and it’s impressive how the filmmakers managed it. I like how it takes time to set up the town and several characters before all hell breaks loose. I also like how Jeff Daniels doesn’t just become some spider killing Rambo in the end and we have to watch him save the day while overcoming his fear. Great support from John Goodman and the late Julian Sands as well. I feel like this movie isn’t mentioned as much as other Amblin movies from the 80s and 90s but it’s a real winner



Submitted December 01, 2023 at 11:39PM by Guilty-Method-4688 https://ift.tt/Ih0EBXx

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health