Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

James Marsden Has Had the Oddest Career for Someone That Hot

I've been a 2000's kick lately and I've been rewatching a lot of films from that time period and he's in a lot of them. Enchanted, The Notebook, 27 Dresses, Superman Returns, X Men, Hairspray etc. Dude has made a career out of playing the dashing good looking muscular white guy who either gets dumped for someone just as muscular and handsome or he's playing a mostly humorous side character. It's crazy because a 6 foot something fit handsome white dude who can do drama, comedy, stunts, dance and sing you'd think would have become a pretty major star. He's had a solid career, I don't think he would complain. But when you think about some of the other men who emerged around the same time like Brad Pitt, Leonardo Di Caprio, Adrien Brody, Edward Norton Orlando Bloom etc. Most of these guys went onto to become leading men in major franchises, a few of them have won Oscars.

He's one of the few guys of his type I can think of who are mostly character actors. You bring him in when you need a classically handsome white dude who subverts expectations by either being funny, an asshole, a mutant etc. He's done a lot of dramas and he's very good in them. But holy shit is he great as a comedic actor. Him being in Season 6 and 7 of 30 Rock is one of it's few saving graces. He's probably my favorite part of Dead to Me. I don't love the Sonic movies but somehow James has amazing chemistry with what I'm assuming was a dummy or tennis ball. Outside of maybe X-Men, no one's ever really tried to shove him into a major franchise. I think he got more famous at the wrong time. Had he hit it big in the late 90's or even waited a few years and become a part of the MCU, tell me you wouldn't pay to see his version of Star-Lord, I think maybe things would've planned out differently.

What's your favorite role of his?

Sidenote: I work in the industry and I actually know quite a few guys who have complained about this in regards to themselves. One actor I've worked with for years complained that because he looks very similar to Timothee Chalamet he mostly only got serious dramatic roles, usually as some depressed closeted gay boy who ends up killing himself. I was the first person to cast him in a comedy. It's sad how people get typecast. Some of the funniest guys I know have great asses and sparkling smiles.



Submitted January 08, 2024 at 03:43AM by NewWays91 https://ift.tt/WqFybR3

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health