Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I’m Alyssa Rosenberg, pop critic for The Washington Post and I’ve documented Ken Burns's process as he made “The Vietnam War.” AMA!

Hi everyone! I’m Alyssa Rosenberg, and I’m the culture columnist for the Washington Post’s Opinions section. Some of the time, that means I get paid to think about “Game of Thrones.” But every year, I tackle a big project. I’d interviewed Ken Burns for the first time in 2012, and had a series of long conversations with him in the years since, so when I learned he and Lynn Novick were making a documentary about the Vietnam War, I was instantly interested. Starting last summer, I went up to New York for screening and critique sessions to see how the movie was being finalized, and I did extensive interviews with Burns, Novick, some of their advisers, and even their Vietnamese producer, Ho Dang Hoa. The result is three stories and a podcast that’s rolling out with each episode of “The Vietnam War.”

I wasn’t merely interested in the subject material: I wanted to get at where Burns is in his career, especially in the age of Trump, and to explain Novick’s role in making the movie what it is, given that she did all the interviews in Vietnam. Thanks for coming out: I’m excited to talk Burns, Novick and all things “The Vietnam War” with you today.

Proof



Submitted September 22, 2017 at 12:44AM by washingtonpost http://ift.tt/2jMTFv1

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health