Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What are the best “self-aware” movies?

Went and took my daughter to Lego Ninjago yesterday (unfortunately didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as the previous two Lego installments). But it did get me thinking how much I enjoy the self-awareness of the Lego films. Their funniest moments have always been their ability to get inside the head of viewers and acknowledge what they're feeling. I thought this was particularly true of "Lego Batman," that did such a great job of being self-aware about some of the idiosyncrasies of the Batman storyline - "it's not going to be as good as Dark Knight" and "Batman's not even good at his job, these criminals keep running around the city" were some of the moments that still come to mind for me.

Anyways, I was thinking about how enjoyable it is when a film is in on the joke of what someone is actually watching, but not a ton of films like that came to mind when I was wondering what else is out there. What are some other best “self-aware” films?



Submitted September 24, 2017 at 09:01PM by ParkCurtis http://ift.tt/2wKwXKh

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health