Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What's the wave of late 90s/early 00s nostalgia movies going to be like?

I can't wait for movies that unironically use Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys songs, kids that play with Tamagochis and Pokemon trading cards, and subplots that involve a character switching his movie collection from vhs to dvd. What's some other late 90s/early 00s nostalgia fuel that you think will make it into the future wave of nostalgia movies?

On a personal note: The 80s nostalgia wave that's still washing over Hollywood is nice and all, but I have a hard time connecting with it. The stylistic choices of movies like The Guest and It Follows are fun to watch, the 80s synth music scores and pop song-filled soundtracks like Atomic Blonde are fun to listen to, and things like It and Stranger Things bring back an era that many of my favorite movies came out in. It's all very nice, but I'm not really connecting with it that much because I was born 1989 behind the Iron Curtain. My childhood was mostly in the 90s and even after democracy and capitalism hit us over here, popculture trends were still pretty late to arrive to my country.



Submitted October 27, 2017 at 05:32PM by Ascarea http://ift.tt/2ySol1N

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health