Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) the perfect modern movie

I've been a fan of this film since I first saw in in theaters and I am more and more convinced that this is the most perfect modern movie.

No, I am not trying to say that this movie is overly deep or trying to say something. There are auteurs who deliver works that are more raw, genuine and personal.

But, considered in the lens (ha ha) of a well made, dramatic revenge tale, I honestly can't think of one that tries to do more. What does The Count of Monte Cristo offer? Action. Romance. Political intrigue. Comedy. Drama. Schadenfreude.

I also feel I need to point out that it contains one of the least offensive "training montages", and while yes, there is a goofy comic sidekick, he's not overused and doesn't ham it up too much.

Jim Cavaziel's Edmond is so earnest and innocent, he really sells the character.

Guy Pierce is so lazily sinful. He truly does a great job of portraying a character with no redeeming qualities.

The best character though, is the monk. I couldn't nail down where I had seen him after this, but he was Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter films! I should have recognized that whispered delivery...

I don't mean to gush, I just really enjoy this film. If you asked me 10 years ago what my favorite movie was I would have said the Army of Darkness, so use that as a starting point to judge my taste.



Submitted June 18, 2018 at 12:08PM by fuggetcub https://ift.tt/2ldCWiq

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health