Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Thoughts on Pandorum (2009)?

A while back I caught Pandorum on TV about half way in and was really drawn to it, but I never finished it. Recently I watched the whole thing from start to finish and I have to say I loved it. While it wasn't perfect, I found the film's atmosphere to be very creepy; the use of practical effects were impressive, since normally you'd see a film like this use a lot of CGI. The director, Christian Alvart, who hasn't done much since then, did a solid job of creating tension, dredd and an unnerving feeling onboard the ship. Shame he hasn't directed anything else to this degree.

I've always enjoyed Ben Foster in films, and to me he's always been that actor that's been overlooked and in here, he's brilliant. Dennis Quaid is also very good in this as well, as this is an unconventional role for him.

When digging into this film further, I found that it flopped in 09, and opened up to poor reviews. Many wrote it off as stupid without really elaborating as to why. But since then its seemed to have gained a cult following.

So I ask reddit, what is your take on Pandorum?



Submitted June 15, 2018 at 10:42PM by themotherflicker https://ift.tt/2JR7HHM

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health