Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Edgar Wright’s “Hot Fuzz” is the funnest and one of the funniest movies ever made and an all-time favorite of mine.

Similar to the rest of the Cornetto Trilogy, this movie is chock full of clever, quick-witted humor that only a team like this can pull off. Wright’s direction and editing make for such an incredibly energetic film that has quickly become part of my top 25 of all-time. I saw it for the first time about a year and a half ago and hadn’t checked it out since, even though I loved my initial viewing of it. But, it was on cable the other morning and I tuned in maybe half an hour in and watched the rest of it. I have to say, this movie is one of the very few films I’d put up at the level of enjoyment of being able to watch it every single day without getting bored of it. It’s really that good. If you haven’t seen it, I’d highly recommend watching it. It’s full of great comedy, memorable characters, things you don’t notice on first watch which makes the payoff of them on repeat even better, and has a stacked cast that delivers every single line perfectly. Some of my favorite examples of line delivery (and acting in it in general) include:

”How's Mike?”

”He's in the freezer.”

”Did you say 'cool off'?”

”No i didn't say anything, actually.”

”Shame.”

”Well, you missed it earlier when I distracted him with the monkey and knocked him out and said 'Playtime's over'.”

“You're up the fuckin' CHAIN!”

”Nice one, Doris.”

”Nothing like a bit of girl on girl!”

”HAHAHAHAHAHA”

”Ok. What about him then? Why's he got his hat down?”

”He's fuck ugly.”

”Or he doesn't want you to see his face.”

”Because he's fuck ugly.”

”Murder, murder, murder. Change the fuckin' record!”

”Maybe you are. Maybe you did it.”

”Seeing how you're such a big fan of murder!”

(And the very best in the whole movie)

”Namely a Sergeant Knickerless Asswipe and a Constable Fanny Batterbum.”

”Hey, that’s us.”

I may just like it better than Shaun of the Dead, which also sits in my top 25.



Submitted January 26, 2020 at 06:09AM by Captain_Rex_501 https://ift.tt/2RSvfxM

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health