Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I recently watched Grave Of The Fireflies (1988 studio Ghibli, directed by Isao Takahata) for the first time. What an absolutely devastating and excellent film.

This is one of the very best, for lack of a more precise term, “anti-war” films I have ever seen. Full stop. I watched this several days ago and it’s still sitting with me. There is a sort of matter-of-fact quality in which the story is depicted that had a way of quietly getting under my skin. And in these current times of a greater degree of uncertainty, I can’t help but feel haunted by this films down to earth depiction of the failure of the human spirit.

Please don’t let the fact that it is an animated film scare you off. This could have been made shot for shot as live action, but it would not be a better film for it. It stands tall next to all the great anti-war films ever made IMHO.

My one gripe, which was quickly swept away as the story went on, was that the little girl’s voice acting was obviously an adult woman trying to sound like a toddler which I found acutely distracting at first. I only mention this to try to help you look past it sooner than I did.

Please see this film.



Submitted April 27, 2020 at 12:04PM by Tuna_Rage https://ift.tt/2VI8oIK

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health