Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

In 1993, Jurassic Park and Schindler's List were released. Both were directed by Spielberg, one after the other. Are these the two best films to be consecutively made by the same director?

Long story short, I was listening to John Williams on Spotify and it got me thinking about Spielberg. I looked up his filmography and saw that these two films came out in the same year (1993).

Considering the stark difference between these two movies in terms of tone, storyline and overall themes, I think Spielberg has a pretty handy claim to the best ever 'hot hand' with these films. I just thought considering he made a near perfect adventure film which is universally loved and constantly gets love on this sub, and then follows it up with one of the best films of the decade on possibly the most harrowing topic in human history, that really is some feat. That must have required a huge shift in attitude and behaviour.

He's the only one I can think of that has made two films that are ranked at the top of their respective genres.

I thought that FFC was the undisputed champ with Godfather and Part 2 but then I saw he made The Conversation in between those two, so I'm not too sure.

Scorcese and Tarantino are two honourable mentions here as well. Both have had some notable streaks.



Submitted May 24, 2020 at 10:26PM by HanSoloHeadBeg https://ift.tt/36pSLcF

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health