Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I found a movie that doesn't exist. What happened to it?

I was watching movie trailers for 2020 movies trying to see if anything caught my attention since I wanted to watch a movie tonight. I came across the trailer for Emma and recognized the lead actress from somewhere but I don't remember where. A quick google search and hop to wikipedia later and I find out I recognized her from Split. Cool and good. But something else caught my eye. Right above she had a credit for a movie from 2015 that had no link. That movie is:

"Terribly Inappropriate, Overly Complex, and Strange"

The titled intrigued me and so did the lack of a link so in order to satisfy my curiosity I googled the movie. It has an imdb page, great! Except, it 404's. Weird. It also has a letterboxd page, fantastic! It also 404's. Weird. I finally found a link that doesn't 404 and it gives a synopsis and cast of the movie. Andrew Garfield, Jesse Eisenberg, Olivia Spencer and even Keanu Reeves! A star-studded cast for a movie that seemingly doesn't exist. What happened to this movie? Sky High star Nicholas Braun was even nominated for an award for his role in the movie. So it DOES exist and was seen by people. This is further proven by this post on medium that praises the film and says it's available on Australian Netflix. Awesome! Let me boot up vpn and go to ne- it's not there. Netflix doesn't even give you a link "for movies like x". It's just not there.

Weird. Where is this movie? Maybe it got deleted from existence over some lawsuit? Well, Richard Ayoade directed the movie and there is no mention of any controversy with him, and since there's no wikipedia page for this movie there isn't any other articles explaining it's existence or disappearance. In fact, a google search with quotes around the title of the movie shows that there are only 4 pages. Most links are links to tumblr pages that reference the movie or link back to that medium post. Searches on Pirate Bay and Pass the Popcorn yield NO RESULTS which is odd since if somebody has it, it's gotta be the pirates, right?

I found a movie that doesn't exist. It's existence has been seemingly wiped off the face of the planet only existing in 4 instances.

  1. As text on wikipedia
  2. On a random site
  3. On a medium post
  4. as text on tumblr

Does anybody have any information about this movie? Where is this movie and what happened to it?

EDIT: It seems like this movie is all an elaborate Tumblr troll/joke. u/carolinemathildes pointed out that the Medium post is fake and u/Lord_Spy confirmed that the wikipedia entries are fake as well as they were edited in this month. Welp, they got me good.



Submitted September 23, 2020 at 10:46AM by Arzou_ https://ift.tt/3cl39Fw

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health