Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Control (2007) is a top-tier music biopic and deserves to be widely regarded as such.

I saw his film back in 2007, as I’d been looking forward to it for it not being only a Joy Division biopic, but that it was directed by Anton Corbijn. Corbijn is a longtime friend of surviving New Order members as well as Ian Curtis’s wife Deborah. He’s also a professional photographer and music video director and is responsible for Joy Division’s most iconic photos and videos.

The movie was everything I wanted it to be. It detailed Ian Curtis and Joy Division with heart, style, thoughtfulness, and presumably accuracy. Not to mention there were no a-list marquee actors or actresses in the film with potential to take away from the immersion. The casting was spot-on, and the actors even learned how to play their instruments so that the music being performed in the film was ACTUALLY being performed.

I won’t drag this post out but this film tells a wonderful, deep story superbly from beginning to heartbreaking end, and I to this day find myself shocked that so many people have not only not seen it, but have never even heard of it! It’s the perfect antithesis to the typical Hollywood/big budget brand of music biopic, usually favoring style over substance. I tell every movie lover I know to watch it because even if you’re not familiar with Joy Division the movie still tells a touching story.

If you haven’t seen it, go check it out!



Submitted November 19, 2020 at 03:19PM by marblerye69 https://ift.tt/2KdYxa2

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health