Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Finally watched “The Bridge On The River Kwai” WOW. What a film.

I found this film to be amazing and have been meaning to watch it for a long time. I’ve been watching older films I had never seen before lately and was really impressed by this. I watched David Lean’s “Lawrence Of Arabia” a few months back and when this popped up on my suggestions list I got excited and watched it right away. Alec Guinness is incredible in this flick, and rightly deserved his awards, but I thought Holden’s performance was fantastic as well. I’ve known him primarily from “The Wild Bunch” and was excited to see a younger performance from him. The themes in this film about the absurdities of “duty” and “honor” and the lengths people go to for it really blew me away. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a war movie that was more about the people in it than it was about anything else. It didn’t end how I thought it would at all. I’ve read there was controversy at the time about the true story this was based on but they seem to me to be a bit unfounded as this was clearly a fictional story based on very loosely on what inspired it. Anyway, it was a great watch and if you haven’t seen it I highly recommend it. Even if you aren’t a person who cares for old movies I promise this one is timeless that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time and is highly unpredictable. Cheers.



Submitted November 18, 2020 at 06:09AM by Jdogy2002 https://ift.tt/3pHquYm

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health