Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty- Why I love it so much

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a 2014 film about a mild mannered employee at life magazine (portrayed by Ben Stiller) a constant daydreamer who wishes for an adventurous life, and is given the chance to go on a true adventure when he travels to to three different countries to track down Sean O’Connel, a photographer who Walter believes has a valuable photo negative that’s poised to be the final cover of life magazine.

On its release, it was given a lukewarm reaction, and it was criticized for its product placement, but I firmly believe that it’s one of the most inspiring, underrated films of the last decade. It’s a tribute to ordinary people, going out into the unknown and doing amazing things, and by the end of the film, you feel like you’ve been there for the journey.

This may be a very unpopular opinion, and I’m ok with that, but to me, it speaks on a very deep and personal level. It reminds of Alaska, where I grew up, and the pioneer spirit that has become so engrained in the way I view my family. It’s nostalgic, not to mention the music lends itself to the story so well. I watch it at the end of every summer, when I’m about to leave my winter home in Michigan and go back to Alaska to see my friends. It’s a quiet ending and an exciting beginning, and definitely worth your time to watch.

If you have seen it, and you agree or disagree, please, leave a comment. I would love to see if there are more people who love this movie. I can’t wait to hear from you all



Submitted November 22, 2020 at 09:49AM by Terrence_the_Fishman https://ift.tt/3foqreU

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health