Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I enjoyed Constantine (2005) more than I thought I would

Before watching 2005’s Constantine for the first time I imagined the movie could go down two different paths quality wise. When it comes to these supernatural comic adaptations from the 2000s, you could either get a Blade 2, Hellboy 1&2 (All three of those movies were made by Del Toro btw) on the good end or a Nic Cage Ghost Rider on the other end of the spectrum. Thankfully, Constantine surprised me.

A lot of it comes from this movie’s great world building. Granted, I’ve never read the Hellblazer comic or have sufficient knowledge on the John Constantine character but I was still intrigued with the movie’s world. The opening scene of Constantine performing the demon exorcism on the woman with the mirror was truly creative. Not to mention some amazing special effects for 2005.

I also dug Keanu Reeves as Constantine with this dry wit and attitude. Again, I don’t think this rendition of Constantine is as faithful to comics as some say, but I wouldn’t really.

Note: This movie also needed more Tilda Swinton!



Submitted June 27, 2021 at 10:44AM by ggroover97 https://ift.tt/3qviNVR

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health