Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is an often overlooked movie, but it completely changed my life

I first watched this movie during my freshman year of high school. The summer before, one of my friends lost their lives in a tragic accident. Because I was an edgy teenager, I held in my feelings. Many times in my life, including this one, I had tried to force myself to not cry and not share my true feelings with anyone, because I still had the mentality of “boys don’t cry.”

Well, I decided to watch this movie after reading the book, which was also very good but not nearly as sad. I put it on for a family movie night, and loved every minute of it. I really related to the main character, and the humor was on point. However, although I knew mostly how it ended, when THAT scene came on at the end, I absolutely lost it, and broke down in hysterical tears. My mother and father were sitting next to it, and to my surprise, they were both crying as well. My father looked at me and just said “it’s okay to cry,” and I hugged him and cried some more.

This was kind of a nonsensical rant, but I just really felt like sharing my feelings on this experience I had. Thanks for reading.



Submitted June 23, 2021 at 07:12AM by Electrical-Corgi-213 https://ift.tt/3xFSmz9

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health