Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Childhood Movies: Sky High (2005)

Before the Marvel Cinematic Universe was born, before the Dark Knight or Logan, there was Sky High. I loved this movie as a kid and I still like watching it to this day primarily because Disney rarely makes movies like this anymore. They make plenty of superhero movies, but nothing that's not either Marvel/Stars Wars or a remake of a past animated movie. Nowadays, I can see something like this being released on Disney+ (with maybe a lower budget) or as an animated series, but not as a theatrically released movie.

To summarize why I enjoy this movie, I like the setting (a school of superheroes). I like the idea of a guy discovering his powers while also navigating high school. I like all the meta jokes regarding superhero culture. It's just a really fun movie.

The cast for this movie is also unbelievable. Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston, Bruce Campbell, Lynda Carter, Dave Foley, Jim Rash, Kevin McDonald, Cloris Leachman, etc. Of course as a kid, I didn't realize the insane amount talent this movie had, but as an adult, it just makes it even better!

Plus, it has Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the villain. Yes please!



Submitted September 27, 2021 at 11:25AM by ggroover97 https://ift.tt/39DiiRN

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health