Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I really enjoyed ‘The Dry’ starring Eric Bana . It’s a fantastic small town mystery, that’s set in small town Australia.

This film really hit me. It got middling reviews for some reason, but I really liked it. It’s a return to home for Bana, who hasn’t seemed to have done much of late, but absolutely kills it in an Australian film made and starring Australians. He’s fantastic in it. Anyone who’s a fan of the show Mr.Inbetween will catch some of that shows supporting players as well. Anyone who’s a fan of deep noir would really do themselves a favor to check it out. Cinematography is off the hook good (the not quite outback small town Aussie setting does the camera a lot of favors, but still) and Bana has never been better. I feel like this flick slipped through the cracks a little bit during COVID and I wish more people had checked it out. The reviews say the actual mystery at hand (it’s a two fold mystery) is a bit underwhelming, and without spoiling it I can agree a bit, but after that part when you see Bana actually finding out his part of his past and coming to terms with it AFTER dealing with the crime at hand. After dealing with his guilt and failings…and coming to terms with his past. It’s a real punch in the gut. Hearing “Under The Milky Way” as the credits roll really hit me and I can’t say I didn’t cry a little bit. It’s a great flick and any r/movies fans looking for a very adult mystery/drama would do themselves a favor to check it out. Cheers!



Submitted September 19, 2021 at 04:40PM by Jdogy2002 https://ift.tt/3CsFYom

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health