Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Just finished watching 'Requiem For a Dream'(2000). Jennifer Connelly stole the show in my opinion

Don't get me wrong, Burstyn and Leto are absolutely phenomenal, but it's Connelly's acting that made my gut spasm. How the mischievous tingle in her eyes just dies and is replaced by emptiness, how her cravings completely hijack and get the better of her, how she absolutely hates and detests the sexual stuff but continues to put up with it because of the shot. I was stunned by her performance (she's so gorgeous as well!)

The ending shot, where she's completely destroyed from within, but still manages to crack her lips into a smile looking at the packet of scag in her hands has to be one of the most haunting portraits I've ever seen in a film



Submitted October 30, 2021 at 02:32PM by Gunpowder_gelatin765 https://ift.tt/3vY2TWE

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health