Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Anyone else think the animation style of The Polar Express is oddly terrifying?

Sorry to knock this beloved children's classic, and as someone who grew up reading the book, I've always loved the story. Tom Hank's voicework was amazing and I realize that it was pushing some technical boundaries for its time...

but I was recently watching the Polar Express with my son and I realized that I've always been a bit put off by the facial animations and expressions. There's something kind of terrifying about the characters. Is it uncanny valley? Or perhaps their motions seem almost... animatronic?

In even the most animated moments, characters seem to have an almost plastic or mask-like expression, sort of like this guy?

I just think it's off given that other movies prior to this did more with less technology, and Robert Zemeckis is no slouch in the CGI department, having used it to major success.



Submitted December 13, 2021 at 07:18AM by RockleyBob https://ift.tt/3ERZFrl

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health