Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Conan the Barbarian (1982) is a masterpiece

I just re-watched this gem and I'm just blown away. How is this film not talked about more when talking about fantasy or even comic inspired movies (yes, I know Robert E Howard created Conan in his short stories and novel but the comics really brought Conan to the mainstream)...the grittiness, the minimal dialogue, that EPIC score, the extreme believable violence, the characters, James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom, etc etc..this is a fine movie and deserves to be mentioned among the great films. Conan the Destroyer was not terrible but it definitely didn't live up to this masterpiece. I think the lack of an R rating had something to do with that. I really would like to see Arnold come back for one more "old Conan" film. If done right, it could be great.

Conan the Barbarian in my opinion is the pinnacle of high adventure/sword and sorcery films.

Sidenote: I have never watched the 2011 Conan because of the terrible reviews. Am I missing anything?



Submitted February 15, 2022 at 01:05AM by Dicktracy4613 https://ift.tt/kCKI9W7

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health