Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

There Will Be Blood - Am I an idiot for thinking that Paul and Eli were the same person for most of the movie?

I watched There Will Be Blood for the first time the other day and I feel dumb.

At the start Paul comes to Daniel and tells him about the oil.

Then he goes to the farm and there we see a person who looks just like Paul and valls himself Eli. Paul isn’t mentioned.

He gives him an handshake and a knowing look that felt to me like "we met before, but don’t blow my cover".

I assumed Eli went to him to tell him about the oil to expand the church, but he used a fake name at first to be safe.

So later when Daniel low balls them and Eli speaks about the oil, I thought it made sense since he’s the reason Daniel came.

Only much later in movie when Eli yells at the family about Paul I realized he was not Paul.

I thought that I must be terrible at faces, so I checked IMDB and no, they were both played by Paul Dano and are supposed to be twins.

So, am I a complete idiot? Did anyone else have the same experience? Did I miss a line or something that explains it?



Submitted February 15, 2022 at 12:34AM by lurebat https://ift.tt/IvlNtZW

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health