Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I hate watching old movies on streaming services.

Actually the thing I hate about it only occurs at the very end of a movie, but it still annoys the hell out of me.

As you probably must know, end credits weren’t a thing before the 1970s or so (as they managed to put their entire staff in the opening credits instead) so the movies always just had a simple "The End" screen. Usually it’d go like this: final shot - music swells - "The End" screen - music stops - screen goes black - movie’s over. It’s a pretty perfect formula to finish a movie in a glorious way and streaming services completely fuck that over.

I want those last few moments of a movie to sink in, but before the final title appears they already start bombarding the screen with some other crap I need to see. It feels anticlimactic and kills the momentum entirely. I remember seeing Psycho on Netflix and they didn’t even let them pulling the car out of the lake before already recommending me the sequel. It’s such a small thing, but it frustrates me every time.

I get that streaming services are usually not made for old films, but cmon, am I the only one who is bothered by this? I mean, with superhero films they always wait till the last credit scene before starting with the recommendations, so why not do the same thing with old films? Just wait five seconds more and the ending will be much more satisfying. I hope at least one streaming service will fix that someday. Until then I’ll just have to rely on physical media.

Rant over.



Submitted February 06, 2022 at 06:22AM by -faffos- https://ift.tt/BuFRKCA

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health