Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) is not a faithful adaptation but it's a big dumb fun movie I love

I just watched this again recently for the first time in probably a good 8 years. I still enjoyed it as much now as the last time I did. Now obviously Alan Moore hated this. Alan Moore would have hated this though even if it was a panel by panel recreation of the comics.

I know Sean Connery & director of Stephen Norrington were at odds during the production. I don't think it shows during Connery's performance. Some of that could be just his innate charisma but I like his Allan Quatermain: A little broken, thrown into a world that even he didn't know existed & still able to take charge if he has to.

The steampunk design especially of everything related to Captain Nemo's ship is very cool. Some of the other character designs are really interesting takes like Mina Harker's vampiric side & Dorian Gray's invulnerability. One thing I'm not too keen on is Mr. Hyde's weird misshapen Incredible Hulk look. The transformation sequences involving him though are some fun gross body horror though.

The overall story isn't any great shakes. A group of disparate freaks reluctantly come together to save the world. There's a lot of fun set pieces along the way with the shootout in Gray's library being the highpoint for me. I feel like the movie has some real energy to it & just kind of joyously bounces along. Of course YMMV but to me it's very fun ride.



Submitted May 08, 2022 at 01:10AM by KneeHighMischief https://ift.tt/FV6xKPG

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health