Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Can we please normalize regular subtitles alongside Closed Captions?

So I’m one of those people that likes to have subtitles on when watching movies or TV; it helps my dialogue comprehension tremendously, and I don’t like missing or mishearing words that are spoken.

That said, I find much more often than not that the only English subtitle option is with CC; this means along with the dialogue text, I get other things on the screen that I don’t need like [birds chirping] or [heavy breathing] or even some movies that try to describe the soundtrack to me.

Now I’m not saying to deprecate the CC option entirely, it is very useful to those who are hard of hearing. But for a majority of the population, the dialogue alone is sufficient.

One of the notable examples I’ve seen both options on is Breaking Bad on Netflix; they have both English and English [CC] options for the subtitling, and it’s excellent. On the other hand, I was watching Fellowship last night where they only had the “English for the deaf and hard of hearing” option and kept getting unnecessary things (to me and others) like [swords clanging] and whatnot.

I hope I’m not the only one who feels like this; I’d love this to be a norm!

Edit: grammar



Submitted July 30, 2022 at 10:19PM by arsonak45 https://ift.tt/a0bksVB

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health