Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Are you able to spot when a movie isn't filmed in the location it's portraying?

I find that im quite often able to tell a movie isn't filmed in the location it's portraying even if I haven't been to either locations or even countries.

I don't mean studio based filming, but when a location is used in place of another.

A few examples that spring to mind are:

World War Z. The start of the movie is set in Philadelphia, but shot in Glasgow in Scotland. While watching it I could easily tell that it wasn't filmed on location in the States.

Another scene is based in and around block of apartments in Newark, but filmed in London, England. Again I could tell straight away it wasn't The states and guessed it was England.

The Knowing. The movie is based in Massachusetts USA, but is filmed in Melbourne in Australia. I could tell easily it wasn't filmed in the State's, but can't remember if I guessed Australia.

Love and Monsters. Set in California, but filmed in Australia. I could tell this one was filmed in Australia, I think due to the flora.

(Although I started I can tell even without being to said country, I am English, and spent a year in Australia, but haven't been to Scotland, Glasgow or the USA)

I guess there's just so much you pick up on consciously and subconsciously from consuming so many movies, documentaries, and other media.

I find it interesting how easily I'm often able to tell, but my friends seem rather nonplussed when I point it out.

What other movies have you easily spotted are not filmed at the location they are portraying?

Do you have any really obvious examples and some more obscure ones, and how did you spot it?



Submitted January 06, 2023 at 08:58PM by mjmilian https://ift.tt/XqNCzDc

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health