Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Chronicle (2012) is one of the best film in the superhero genre, that I wish I heard people talk about more.

It was a very unique story that I loved exploring on what it would be like if teenagers got superpowers, without going the “cliche route” where they decide to take on the responsibilities of having great power and becoming masked vigilantes to stop crime.

It takes somewhat of a realistic approach where they at first causing mischief and being reckless with their telekinetic abilities, develop a strong bond over sharing these powers that no else except them have, and how it all ends tragically due to the lifestyle that one of the kids has to live with that it inevitably brings him down a dark path.

This movie was also my introduction to Michael B. Jordan (Steve) and Dane DeHaan (Andrew), who are both incredible and I’m glad they both managed to gain promising careers following this movie. But I haven't seen Alex Russell (Matt) in anything else after this movie.

At times, I wish this film could get it's sequel that the ending promised we'd receive. But in a way, I feel like this movie can also work as a one time story that it's left open to interpretation on whether Matt figures out what happened to him, Andrew and Steve.



Submitted July 17, 2023 at 07:05AM by phantom_avenger https://ift.tt/xlI3nVa

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health