Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The Rock has to be the most overrated movie star of our time

I seriously struggle to understand how people like him so much. I think he is one of the most boring actors in modern cinema.

Not because he's not good at what he does. He is good at what he does. But what he does is literally always the same thing. In Central Intelligence, he's The Rock. In Tooth Fairy, he's The Rock. In Jumanji, he's The Rock. In Fast and Furious, he's The Rock. In Skyscraper (ridiculous film lol), he's The Rock. For me, it's like -- seen one, seen 'em all. None of his roles are ever surprising or elevate above any of the other roles to me and I feel like anyone can predict literally everything his character is going to do in any given movie (which generally boils down to punch bad guys, make physically intimidating "candy ass" type comments that remind you of his WWE days, and save the day in unbelievably heroic fashion). Do audiences never get tired of it?

I can't get excited to go see a new movie he's starring in because I know he's going to give the exact same performance I've seen a dozen times before, and I dunno -- the lack of range is just not exciting to me. There are other people who kick ass and make good action films who are not nearly as limited, so I feel like it can't just be that. And I can understand why he's popular, obviously, but -- one of the most popular?

Obviously I think I'm one of the odd men out on this one because all his films gross like at least half a billion dollars (except for Black Adam, lol), so I am more than willing to just take the L on this opinion, but I'm always like...how are people actually excited to go spend their money on the same thing again and again?

What do you like about The Rock? What's your favorite film of his? Help me understand!



Submitted July 18, 2023 at 02:39AM by finnjakefionnacake https://ift.tt/SlZQU0f

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health