Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

National Cinema Weekend showed me one very important thing...

That low quality isn't the problem -- it's the high cost of seeing a movie in the theater.

This weekend, every seat, for every movie, for every showing, was sold out in my 14 screen theater. The place was absolutely packed. And the concession lines were out the door. People were buying popcorn and candy in droves.

I saw two movies this Sunday. I love seeing movies in theaters. My wife and I used to go every weekend before kids. But since kids I've seen maybe five movies in the theater since. Why? Because it's just too expensive to take everyone when the seats at $15 each.

But on Sunday we all went (plus my mother in law!) and it cost me all of $20. That was worth it.

And clearly I'm not the only one who felt that way, given the crowds.

If movies were $5-7 each, I'd be there every weekend again.



Submitted August 30, 2023 at 04:20AM by jedberg https://ift.tt/9IFLGCJ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health