Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I Really Hope Mutant Mayhem Gets a Sequel. This Interpretation of the Turtles Deserves it.

I just had a chance to watch this last night on Paramount +.

*Some Spoilers*

This was really dope.

Now, I do have some thoughts on the film:

I'm not a particular fan of this interpretation of the Ninja Turtles. I'm more of an Eastman/2007 Kevin Munroe, slightly darker interpretations of the Turtles.

- Not a fan of the Turtles being adolescent and inexperienced.

- Not big on the idea of the Turtles achieving social integration - or mutants, generally.

- Not big on the idea of Rocksteady and Bebop not being antagonists (also annoyed that there wasn't at least one fight with them and the turtles).

- Not huge on the art style.

But you know what? This is one of those cases where everything they went for was executed so well within the scope of their own vision - I have to give it props.

- The adolescent banter was actually on point and actually feels like it was written and improvised by teenagers.

- The social integration angle is interesting and stands to make them stand out a bit from a lot of other superhero material.

- The art style, while not always my thing, is technically excellent. While it doesn't often have the visual pizazz or appeal to traditional western aesthetics that something like Spider-verse has, it's doing its own thing in a way that I can really appreciate, despite clearly being inspired by the previously mentioned films.

I heard this didn't do that great, but it came out in a very competitive frame.

Nickelodean, let this shit rock.



Submitted September 24, 2023 at 08:17PM by Kimosabae https://ift.tt/y8fFtIL

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health